We all want a convenient way to remove unwanted body hair without the high costs. Going to a waxing salon may be a convenient practice because a professional does it for you, but it can get really expensive over time. Waxing at home, although a bit cheaper, can be very messy and inconvenient.
This leaves us to shaving. It’s a no-fuss procedure that only requires you to move the razor up your leg and it leaves you feeling smooth instantly. But the effect is also temporary and the roughness from the quick hair regrowth doesn’t feel nice. This happens when we use a razor that doesn’t do a close shave. Cheap razors can also irritate our skin badly.
These are the problems that the Remington Wet & Dry Electric Foil Shaver promises to solve. It claims to shave really close to the skin without hurting it, keeping the skin smooth for longer.
Remington WDF5030A Wet & Dry Women’s Shaver Features
- The unique open blade system and optimal head angle ensures a close shave at any angle
- Silky smooth results
- Rechargeable foil shaver
- Works great on legs, armpits, and other sensitive areas
- Great for wet or dry use, 100% waterproof
- The dual sided blade lifts longer hairs and then cuts them for a quick, easy and close shave
- Has an antimicrobial additive that prevents the growth of bacteria on the blade
- Includes a moisturizing almond oil strip to nourish the skin and prevent irritation as you shave
- Soft-touch, no-slip grip
- Comes with charging stand, a bikini comb, and travel bag
I had been using a cheap, manual razor for as long as I could remember. I started shaving when I was a teenager because my friends were doing it and it felt great to have smooth and shiny legs without all that hair. It quickly became part of my morning routine and it was just another thing that I do on a daily basis to get ready, like showering and doing my makeup, so it was no big deal.
Then I got curious about waxing, so I booked an appointment at a nearby waxing salon and had the worst experience ever. My leg hairs were nowhere in sight until about a week later yet it was too painful that I vowed never to go back again. So, I grabbed my good ol’ razor the next time I needed a shave, but it was no longer enough. Because of the better results of waxing, my legs suddenly felt rough and prickly and I noticed things I had never noticed before.
I knew I couldn’t go back to waxing, but I also couldn’t go back to my regular razors. Then I tried the Remington Wet & Dry Electric Foil Shaver. It promised to give me the closest shave possible without leaving that rough, irritated feeling to the skin that a manual razor does. I was also intrigued by this moisturizing strip with almond oil because I have tried manual razors that included that but I felt like it did nothing.
Moving on to my experience… I was a little bit scared because it was my first time trying an electric razor and I was nervous about cutting myself or something. The product claimed to work well on both wet and dry settings, even without a shaving cream, but I wanted to try it with one first so I could see how it compared with my regular razors. I was blown away by how good the shave was.
My skin felt nice and smooth, almost like it did when I was done with waxing. I also didn’t feel the hairs growing back until two days later, and even then, you still couldn’t see it! With my manual razors, I could feel and see the leg hairs again the next morning. My skin also felt soft afterwards, so I guess the almond oil strip really worked.
I tried it dry as well, and although it’s not as good as using it on wet (with shaving cream) skin, it still gave a decent shave and I would definitely use it dry if I needed touch-ups or if I left some spots unshaved.
- It was super easy and convenient to use
- It shaves quickly and closely
- My skin doesn’t feel rough and irritated after
- The moisturizing strip helps because I no longer feel dry after shaving
- It keeps my skin smooth and hair-free for two days
- It’s great for wet shaving, and works decently on dry skin
- I wish the device holds a charge a little longer; a single charge is just enough for both legs, but it’s not that big of an issue
Overall, the Remington Wet & Dry Electric Foil Shaver is something I would recommend to lady shavers who are sick of replacing their manual razors to ensure a close and perfect shave. This is also great for sensitive skin as it doesn’t irritate mine.